Did you know?
- In 2013, eNation estimated that 233 million roses were purchased on February 14. Valentine’s Day is the biggest day for fresh flowers.
- Men spend twice the amount of money compared to women. Men spend an average of $175 on gifts while women only spend $88 on average.
- 50% of gift givers opted for candy and chocolates spending approximately $1.6 billion.
- One in five roses purchased were for the buyer’s mother.
All this talk about love got us thinking about the hearts we touched during the year:
- In 2013, we were able to send 45 children with special needs to Lions Camp for a week filled with outdoor fun and life experiences.
- We were able to help hundreds of hearing impaired individuals who did not qualify for state-funded financial assistance obtain hearing aids.
- We were able to provide previously owned eyeglasses to needy individuals all over the world with our eyeglass recycling center. We have estimated in the last 15 years, we have received over 800,000 pairs of used glasses.
Valentine’s Day is a great time to show love, but it’s important to remember that any day is a wonderful day to touch the heart of another. Want to help us? You can make a tax deductible gift online. You can rest assured that your support is helping deserving children and individuals all across the state of Wisconsin.
Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at Lions Pride!