Can you believe yesterday marked the first day of spring? It’s hard to think spring when there are still inches of snow on the ground and the weather is still far from “seasonal.”
We think Henry Van Dyke was right on the money when he said, “The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.
While we hope that it doesn’t take quite a month to see the first sign of spring, we’ve put together a list of positive thoughts to get us through the rest of the season:
- We have gained over an hour and fifteen minutes of daylight in the past month. By April 20, we will reach over thirteen hours of daylight.
- The high temperature for Rosholt today is 39°F. This may seem far from warm, but it is almost 90 degrees warmer than it was during the coldest parts of January. We even wrote a blog post to prove how it cold was during that time.
- Although it doesn’t quite feel like spring. Birds are already making their way home. You may have already heard them chirping outside your window.
- It’s time to start thinking about gardening. You may not be able to plant anything in the ground just yet, but you can always start plants indoors.
- And finally, our favorite part of this time of year is knowing in a few short months, Lions Camp will be again buzzing with the sound of happy campers!
Remember, the worst is over and we did it! How do you plan on getting through the final stretch of winter?