“You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” –Bob Hope
It’s everyone’s favorite day of the year, (well, most of us still enjoy our birthdays!) A day when we can think back on the year we just completed and daydream about what the next year holds. A day when strangers will wish you well and it’s easy to find a restaurant that will give you a dessert for free. It’s a day when we can all feel truly special.
We have an extra special birthday happening at our office tomorrow. Our Chairman Dewey Carl will be celebrating his day of birth.
In honor of this day, we thought it would be fun to compile a list of birthday facts that we can all appreciate, even if it’s not our special day!
Did you know…?
- Out of every 23 people, there is a 50/50 chance that two will share the same birthday.
- August is the most popular birthday month. About 9 percent of the world’s population is born in the eighth month of the year.
- Birthday cards make up nearly 58 percent of all cards purchased in the United States.
- The world’s largest birthday cake was made in 1989 to celebrate the 100th birthday of Fort Payne, Indiana. The cake weighed over 128,000 pounds.
- You can find out what special events happened on your birthday by visiting http://www.mybirthdayfacts.com.
We know that it can be sometimes difficult to find the perfect present for a loved one. Instead of the typical birthday card or flowers, give them something that will really make an impact. Make a donation in honor of the birthday boy or girl to Lions Pride. They will know that your gift truly came from the heart and you will know that your gift helps preserve, protect and support the continuation of all WLF projects. Now that’s a birthday gift we can all agree on.
Happy birthday, Chairman Dewey Carl!