baseball, basketball, birds, break, college, crocuses, flowers, hyacinth, irises, lions pride, longer days, march madness, mexico, MLB, robins, sandhill cranes, signs, snow, song sparrows, spring, sunlight, trees, vernal equinox
Ahh… spring is in the air, right? Well, not quite. Monday may have marked the first day of the vernal equinox, but it doesn’t exactly feel it’s time just yet. Fortunately, there are signs that warmer days are ahead.
- Spring flowers are beginning to peek through the soil. You may have already seen crocuses, crested irises and hyacinth. We hope they make it through the next few chilly nights.
- Flowering trees are budding and beginning to show new life.
- The birds are back and ready to sing their hearts out. Robins, sandhill cranes and song sparrows are becoming old regulars.
- College basketball has taken over all of the TV stations. There’s a reason why they call it March Madness, but we’ve already made it to the Sweet 16.
- The days are getting longer. We have lost an hour of sleep on the night of March 11, but we are now getting more sunlight. We can’t wait to spend more time with Mr. Sun!
- The snow is disappearing. We do not see the large snow banks that we saw only a month ago. Now, all that’s left are the dirty piles on the sides of roads.
- In many cities, school is out for the week. Our office intern is off and enjoying a much-needed break in Mexico for Spring Break.
- It’s time to play ball! Baseball season is only a week and a half away. The official MLB 2017 Opening Day is next Monday, April 3.
There are so many ways that spring is right around the corner! Now we want to hear from you – what is your favorite sign of spring?
Happy Spring from Lions Pride!