assisted living, community service, exercise, eyeglass recycling center, fall, food bank, food pantry, friend, garbage pick-up, glasses, group, impact, laundry, lions pride, local, make a difference day, military, neighborhood, nursing home, park, positive, rake, relaxation, saturday, school, thank you notes, trail
This Saturday is Make a Difference Day 2016, a day for volunteers to come together to improve the lives of others. Although the national day of service is only two short days away, there is still time to make a difference in your community. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Pick up garbage at your local park, school or walking trail.
- Write thank you notes to members of the military.
- Work with neighbors to collect food for your local food pantry.
- Donate used glasses to the Eyeglasses Recycling Center.
- Help a friend by raking their yard or completing another difficult household task.
- Visit residents at a local assisted living or nursing home. (Be sure to coordinate with the staff ahead of time.)
- Start a neighborhood walking or exercise group
- Plan a future service project that may require more time to create and implement.
Remember, you have the power to make a positive impact in your community – no matter how great or small. How do you plan to serve?
Happy Make a Difference Day from Lions Pride!