If your Facebook feed looks anything like ours, you’ve likely seen lots of back to school pictures this week. You know the ones, photos of smiling children dressed in their new clothes holding up their handmade signs. All of these pictures have us asking, “Where did the summer go?”
It’s important to remember that, although the kids are back in school, the season isn’t over just yet. Fall does not officially start for 2 ½ more weeks, so there’s still time to get out and enjoy all that Wisconsin has to offer. To get you started, we’ve put together a few ideas to help round out your summer:
- Pitch a tent and sleep outside – even if it’s just in the backyard
- Build a campfire and roast a marshmallow or two
- Visit a local or state park
- Count the stars
- Get out the rod and reel and spend the afternoon fishing
- Host an end of summer cookout
- Pick a bouquet of wildflowers and bring the outdoors in
- Eat an ice cream cone
- Buy a ticket to the ballpark
- Pack a picnic lunch and spend quality time with a loved one
- Enjoy an outdoor concert
- Remember Lions Pride
The end of summer may always be a bittersweet moment, but do you remember the old saying? All good things must come to an end. Just think, if we experienced summer all year long, would we really give it the attention it deserves? More than likely, no; only because, it would become the everyday normal. That’s why summer only comes once a year, so we make the most of the season. And, of course, it will be back again!
What items would you still like to complete on your personal checklist before the summer rounds out? Let us know in the comments below.
In approximately 408 hours, we will be approaching the Autumnal Equinox, but that means there’s still plenty of time to have the best summer ever. Go out and make the most of the remainder of the season!