care package, challenging, coffee, compliment, covid-19, eat locally, give, ideas, kindness, letter, lions pride, national kindness week, optimism, pandemic, positive review, presidential election, smile, start a fundraiser
What a week it’s been! We’re still awaiting recounts of the 2020 Presidential Election, COVID-19 cases continue to increase across the state as well as the country and it seems like our cold, winter weather has finally arrived. In times like this, it can be difficult to remain optimistic, but there is one anecdote that can always bring a smile – kindness.
As you might recall, this week is National Kindness Week, which gives us all an opportunity to spread kindness wherever we might go. Though we understand that these places may be limited given the current environment, we’d like to help encourage you to partake in random acts of kindness as we round up the week. Here are 12 ideas, courtesy of randomactsofkindness.com.
- Write a handwritten letter
- Pay a compliment to a friend or co-worker
- Buy coffee for the person behind you in the drive-thru
- Wheel out in your neighbor’s garbage can
- Choose to eat locally
- Reach out to a family member you haven’t heard from in a while
- Give away an inspirational book
- Be a courteous driver
- Start a fundraiser for a cause you care about
- Leave a positive review for a local business online
- Ship a care package to a loved one
- Smile when passing a stranger (yes, even behind a mask)
These are only a handful of countless ideas for you to spread kindness to everyone you encounter. We understand that times are challenging, but actively working to promote kindness can help us all get through them together.
Happy National Kindness Week from Lions Pride!