birthday, color, dedication, dewey carl, executive director, february, fun facts, generosity, geri schlender, goals, interview, lions pride, meal, movies, pets, presidents day, questions, season, support, travel, valentine's day, weekend, winter olympics
There are several events taking place in February. Of course, today is Valentine’s Day, which is then followed by President’s Day and the start of the Winter Olympics. But, arguably, the most important event taking place is the 34th Anniversary of Geri Schlender’s 39th Birthday, happening on Sunday, February 17.
To celebrate Geri’s date of birth, we thought it would be fun to learn a bit more about our executive director with random interview questions:
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- Would you rather have the ability to fly or become invisible? Fly
- What do you bring with you everywhere you go? My American Express Card. I don’t leave home without it.
- Do you have any pets? One dog, a Shih Tzu named Ming LI
- Are you more of an early bird or a night owl? Night Owl
- Where did you last travel to? Toronto
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Pizza
- What does your perfect weekend consist of? Antiquing
- Do you prefer movies or books? Movies
- What do you feel is the best invention in the past 50 years? Cell Phone
- What do you wish you had more time for? Family
- Where is the most beautiful place you have ever visited? Greece
- What is your favorite time of the year? Fall
- If you could go anywhere in the world right now, where would you go? Italy
- What three words best describe you? Funny, trustworthy, loyal
- What personal goals do you have? Become a Certified Trainer for Lions Clubs International
- Why did you decide to join Lions Pride? I saw the passion in Pride Chairman Dewey Carl and knew I wanted to be a part of his dream.
- What do you like best about your job? Observing the generous hearts of Lions and non-Lions alike who share our vision. Also, the Lions Pride Shoot that is held every second Saturday in June.
There you have it! Eighteen fun facts about Executive Director Geri Schlender. Now, here’s one fact that you already know: Lions Pride would not be the organization it is today with her continued leadership and dedication. We appreciate all of her efforts in preserving, protecting and providing for Wisconsin Lions Camp and all WLF statewide projects.
Please join us in wishing Geri a very happy birthday!